Well I went to the Electric office today and told them to turn off the power to my shop. I was thinking that they would turn it off when they came to pull the meter. NOPE, she said alright it's off and we will be out in a few days to pull the meter.

I got home and sure enough it was off. I was thinking I would have this weekend with power, apparently there is a contactor inside the meter.

Anyway I got the power terminated inside the house today, the 4/0 aluminum wire kicked my butt but I finally got it bent around and terminated.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

All the wood panels go back on and you can't tell that it was installed. Now I have to terminate it at the shop....until them it's dark and cold in there.

Oh yeah, and the compressor on my shop heat pump went out so I guess I'll be pulling that one out and installing the gas package unit. I don't have NG at the shop so I may see about converting it to propane. Its that or get a new propane meter at the shop. Our gas company won't ley you run plastic pipe under ground, only copper. The trench for that to my meter would be about 600'. The cost of the pipe would be crazy high. The gas company would charge about 300 to install the meter. If I go Propane I have a tank for free but the unit will have to be converted. I have tested the AC on the package unit and it worked this summer. I probably won't have heat the heat of the winter, but I didn't before this year anyway.

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.