Anybody thinking about the gardens for this year yet? Are you going bigger with the garden area? smaller? crops you are planting? I know different areas have different methods and crops and I am always interested in what grows where!
Looks like we will try to plant more than last year ---- gonna be hard for me to keep it weeded but will do my best to keep things going.
Want to start a few plants early in the house, then later more in the hotbed by the house. also going to double the size of the hotbeds.
We will start a few sweet potato plants ourselves since they want over a dollar a plant for them from mail order. We have a lot left in the basement for "seed crop" and will plant some of them.

This year our club ( Central States Thresherman's Reunion ) asked me to plant a long row of potatoes for them so a member can demonstrate his antique IH potato digger so its going to be a challenge to keep up with all of it. Neighbor is the club vice-pres. and will help a lot.
He also wants me to help in early spring to load/haul/spread millings on the roads in the show grounds. I get to drive his old F700 diesel dump truck,--he loads with his bobcat and another member operated the latches on the spreader box we have!
We need to get this all done before planting time and get the seed potatoes bought and cut at the right time just before planting----probably have 1 or 2 hundred pounds this year then more next year if things go as planned.
We will plant them with my old homemade potato planter. Virginia is good at spacing the pieces the right distance, so she might go up there with us to plant. Will pull planter with either neighbors 235-hydro. or 1 of my sunstar 20's. Hydro works slick on the planter.

Last edited by sonny; 01/26/2021 02:43 PM.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."