Ya I did put it on the old site when I was working on it. --- might have been some progress pix. there, cant remember for sure. Somebody some where was wondering why the big motor on it and---well 2 reasons--1 being thats what I had in the junkpile and 2 I kinda thought it would make a good counterweight.
I have pulled the engine down hard enough to open the governor on it, so the hydraulic pump does take a bit of power and the 230 has it.
The big bucket pulls hard --- its only a 27 inch bucket but it will drag dirt. I made this 12 incher from scratch to use for putting in field tile out on farms for neighbors.
It digs as fast as your eyes can focus on the ditch, so you can dig a long ways in an hour with it!
Engine is a Chrysler Industrial flathead 6 off of an Oliver 525 combine. It only had less than 500 hours on it since former owner had the new engine put on the combine.
Probably made it 35 years or so ago, used it a lot, never did get to finish it.
Wanted to hydro drive the rear end and hook up the out riggers but other jobs always got in the way.
In later years I bought the Case 580ck from the township and started using it, so this one didnt get used as much but still had to have for the deep digs! --- 580 was a bit short on depth. --- this thing went the extra feet for me! lol!
580 right now is waiting for somebody to help me get the injection pump off to send it someplace to have it rebuilt so I can get it runnin again.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."