No adjustment to the valves. I am still wondering about how to do that, and do searches every day. So far, no good! The pump only has one outlet. From the divider has two outlets. Why is there pressure between the pump and the divider? 400 PSI is a bit much there and it has not gone down even with the new valve and a larger hose from it back to the return. There is negligible pressure in the other hose from the divider to the loader.
As for Surplus Center....I was told by them that my valve was working perfectly fine and that I could not return it because it is no longer new, and they could not sell it again as new and they have "never" had one of these valves come back... That's the word from Conrad who manages Surplus Center. That is real customer service in my opinion. The zone rep for General Motors didn't go as far as to blame me for the troubles I had with a Buick when I went to arbitration to get a (second) new motor at only 54,000 miles. Yeah, I won that one. I tend to be that guy that gets the "we've never had such happen before" aimed at him. It's just lousy customer service to talk to some one that way.
I read most every day about how wonderful Surplus Center is to do business with. I went to them because of all the praise that was laid upon them and when their technical support guy recommended this valve, I didn't even blink at the price and ordered all the fittings I would need to install it on my loader. When the suggestion was made prior to this transaction that I order fittings and gauges so that I could pressure test the circuits I bought them from Surplus Center. They sent them out the same day I ordered them and they came Priority Mail. I was satisfied. The valve order they sat on for two extra days. This just goes on and on. They've treated you well and you're happy with the service. Me, not so much. I wanted a valve to steer with and control the direction and speed of travel. I made that clear when I was talking with support. this is what they suggested and I purchased https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...lve-Prince-Mfg-RD522GCGA5A4B6-9-4782.axd .
I should have read the items description before placing the order. My mistake in trusting them to get it right.

Last edited by Kevin Werner; 02/03/2021 10:04 AM. Reason: needed to add info.