My bucket truck is a 86 custom deluxe C30. 3 speed with a turbo 400. Faithful as hell.. carbureted with a HEI ignition. Most reliable vehicle. My RV is a 87 P30 chassis with a 454. 4 barrel. carbureted BUT I pulled the turbo 400 out & retrofitted it with a 4L80E. That big block thanked me.. 4 speed overdrive vs 3 spd. just about cut my cruising speed RPMs in half. I had to fabricate a shorter front drive shaft & rig up a TPS so the computer would know the throttle plate position.
Cost me more for the computer to control it than I paid for the transmission on Craig's list but I can change my shift points and firmness with the twist of a couple of dials on the dash and I have a display that tells me what gear the transmission is actually in, not just what is selected. when I'm not moving Like at a stop light it displays the selected gear. 1,2,3,or 4OD. when the torque converter locks out it displays a L after the 4 which is actually inside the D on the display. I replaced the 3spd shift indicator on the column with a 4spd OD one BUT nothing lines up. I have to fabricate a whole new linkage system to fix that and I don't drive it enough to care, especially since I have the digital display on the dash right above & behind the column indicator. Haven't bothered to checked what my fuel consumption did because every time I've used the RV since I put it in I was towing some thing like a car , boat or another camper. think I got 7.5 MPG when I went camping this summer towing the Pontoon boat which was loaded with the world... coolers, bikes etc. Not going to complain.. that's better than what I was getting with the T400 & no trailer. I averaged right at 7 MPG.. Could get better is I wanted to get killed on the highway for driving below 60. when I got it I was worried about the tractor trailers and it turns out the little cars flying by at Mach 1 pushes me around way worse than the trucks so I try to run at a decent pace.

Think I posted that project up on the old site too.

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.