Rear hangers behind the axle ---- there are a dozen different ones and it depends on which axle you have as to which style fits. ---have NO clue which axle I have. OR what brand, and that is all needed to know to get the stuff that fits. Looked at one junkyars a couple years ago and they only had 1 350 ---different style of course! lol!
I can get aftermarket ones ,---problem is getting the right ones!
Motor is junk---has been ever since we bought it. Had 99,100 on it the day I drove it home ---a few months later the high pressure oil pump went out---broken gear, pump shot, etc., ($900. at ford) they took turbo off and it didnt have any of the plastic vanes left on it, so new turbo and pedistal ($1,200 more) glow plugs, wires, labor, etc about that much more $$$. 6 years later and now at 120,000 motor wont run AGAIN and just starts , idels for a min--then when you step on it to go it starts blowing blue smoke and starts missin, knockin, rattlin, and shit! ---then just dies. I think this time the injection pump is out. also they told me 6 years ago the injectors were junk and needed different ones at cost of $1,800 and that is out, injection pump looks like around $1,200 give or take, so thats out.
This motor has been a royal pain since we've owned it.
I have had to be towed many times off the road when it just dies going down the road.--later found it blows glow plug fuses and when that happens---motor dies in the middle of the road.
Auto trans never shifted right so that is another problem. Bottom trans pan has METRIC stamped on it , so dont know what kind of POS ford stuck in it!
Truck cab is excellent because the truck never ran long enough to get hurt ---never started when temps got below 55 degrees, so was never drove in much salt or cold weather.
I love the truck---just dont have a motor or trans. in it that is any good. Finding a good gas motor and manual trans is out ---aint none to be had! Converting would be hard due to the electronic crap on it too. Unless I could find a good 351 or 400 from 1977 or before the computer crap went on and weld up mounts to fit. Clutch peddle is the hardest to make up.
I would really like to have a gm 350 fuel injected motor and manual trans in it! Easy to put in--again impossible to find!
Trying to make connections to look at a 98. gas motor, 5-speed, new brakes and alt. 190,000 on it ( cant find anything with less than 300,000 on them and still want big money for them). I dont really want 4-doors and utility bed or red paint, but that is what this one has. Sposed to look at it saturday---I think the guy will back out of the deal, so I dont have much hope of getting it.
Wouldnt even own a 1-ton, but gotta have one to pull my tri-axle general flatbed and the big dump trailer. ---1/2 or 3/4 ton not heavy enough to do the job. skidloader weighs over 6,000, ( the big ones, little case is around 4,000) 580ck, around 16,000, 310 crawler loader around 10,000 or so. --- trailer empty 6,500, so ya no little truck gonna pull that down the road!
I really miss my old 74, chevy c-65 for pulling the trailers! it had a 366 in it 10-speed and air brakes---If I could get it on the trailer---it would pull it!! lol!
License got so high I had to get rid of that truck--our fat-azzed governor hit the fees something terrible here. Used to run single axle little trailers for $18. per year--- had 3 of them, last year he hiked it to $118. per trailer, so now I have 3 trailers sitting that I cant use cause we cant afford that amount.
Down to the dump trailer (14,000) and 1-ton (14,000) and that gives 28,000 total load---I am usually over but that is close enough around here! --Long distance I hold it down.

Wow another extra long Sonny post! LOL!! Sorry guys but I get kinda yanked thinking about this junk motor! lol!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."