Ya, done with diesel crap here! ---too expensive to start with, and nobody around here will touch them, and I dont have all of the expensive testers that you would need to try fixing them yourself, so this late in life----gotta stick to gas! lol!
Neighbor Mike has a bunch of 7.3's in 250 pickups with 250,000 to 300,000 on them --ALL of his are sitting now because the transmissions went out! LOL!! ---- only ford!
He quit farming last year so he is not concerned about the old ones. He does have a almost new 250 super duty diesel that he pulls his trailer with---he too got rid of all but 2 trailers--down from the 10 they had when farming due to fees.
His 250 has some other motor in it that sounds like a gas motor.--def crap on it too! anyway it does fine for him.---its the one in my 310 pix. of hauling it home. 4-doors and all! lol. Nice truck and we came home runnin 65 all the way from Havana with no sweat!
last month we went to Ohio in it to get a corn planter and it does great!
I probably got a dud in mine. still like the short truck. 10' flatbed, new hitch, part of a hoist under it that never worked, (still dont), easy to get around with and comfy to drive.
Will know Saturday where we stand----- Might still end up having to hunt for different motor/trans to put in it. Lotta work but cant find any 1-ton trucks around here that are reasonably priced! --- The junk ones, no title ones, and the super old ones all from $5,000 to $15,000 and out of our price range.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."