Well -----the deal on the other truck I was going to look at fell through --- the dumbass never called back and wont answer his phone to he can stick it! --- He sounded like a real loser to deal with anyway. So still lookin without much hope of finding anything.
Found a nice lookin Dodge, ( ya, Dodge) price not too bad ------YUP damn diesel too! --- thats out for that one. one ton, dual wheel trucks here are impossible to find and they want over 5g for junk that dont even have a title or is parked in the fencerow with trees growing up in front of it!

Anyway back to my 97 ---- cant get anybody to work on it, so I guess I will have to break the bank and try to do something my self. Wish I could find a reasonable priced older 350 Chevy motor and 5-speed for a ton truck. I would put that in this truck.
What I would REALLY love to have is the 350, a 4 speed out of and old dump truck, and my 3-speed aux. transmission behind that. --- 12 gears up ---3 gears back. THEN I would have a real truck. ---- this late in the game I can only dream about it!
Anyway back to trying to figure out what is wrong with this junk 7.3, still lookin in my service manual for a 7.3 -----totally useless, dont even look like the one in my truck, so back to square one!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."