ok so did a little bit on the Isuzu generator build today,the fuel filler was relocated on the tank to the radiator end of the base by turning the tank around in the base..lot of work just to accomplish that task,I thought it would work out better in the front on the same side as the engine service door..so I had to breach one panel with a hole for the door frame to mount into..this panel was aluminum as I salvaged it from my bonepile of plate and sheet..I made the door frame from aluminum angle and fitted a small section of aluminum hinge into it to hang the door..worked out easy but took all day..the door rivits into the housing panel with 3/16" rivits,it hasn't been done yet here but makes for a good solid fit.
In the photo there is a welding vise-grip holding it in place until its rivited.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

I had a two micro paddle latches on my bench from a previous project,buried under all the stuff that accumulates on a bench..one was perfect for this little door..I have one left,might use it on the control compartment door.More to come as Im trying to complete this project before spring.