Bunk

When the corkscrew bulbs came out I rewired my garage to use them. Worst lights I every used, complete fail. Crappy light, yellow. High failure rate, had to warm to get them to full output.

Thought about LEDs but my experience with LED outdoor floods was dismal too. After a couple of years the offshore floods got there s*** together and the last set have been up for approx 2 yrs running on photo cells. I take down whole fixture, fling it, install new. Cheaper than old Halogen units I had before.

Success with floods led me to trying a couple of HF LED tubes. So far they are great. Excellent light output, cool, easy to install. Fixtures have a pull chain. I changed some fixtures to outlets to plug LEDS into.

I left some corkscrews up to light garage when I flip switch. Pull chains on LEDs to light an area or whole garage have 8. Liked then so well I put in garage attic and my "horse barn" work space. No horses, not much space either. Hung several LEDs in there too.

The HF LEDs were a good deal at $20 on sale. Don't know if they're as good a deal since our HF buddy Eric F'd things on coupons. Looks like HF is changing to another Northern. My trips to HF have gone to almost zero.

Here in TX going to get down to 12* with rain. Going to be lots of wrecks.

Watch the news should be fun.

JLG

James Geraci