I figure I should give a update. The parts came in a reasonable time from China. They look like good quality also. The machine shop wanted to have the piston in hand before starting work on the engine. That way they could verify the bore that they needed. They also had about 80% of the help out for several weeks due to contact tracing.

Anyway I got the block back about three weeks ago. I then was out of town for a week so I was delayed starting some. I am on a Komatsu group on FB and a guy on there gave me a rebuild manual for the engine. It has step by step instructions for taking it apart and for building it back. The manual includes clearances, tolerances, and torque specs on everything. I have been using the manual step by step just to make sure I don't miss anything.

My heater also went out in the shop so there has been less motivation to get out there after work. I got started on it on Sunday last week. Here are some pics. At this point I am missing a bolt in the exhaust manifold. Also the water pump that I was sent is a different model than the original. It will bolt up but looks like it came on a different model originally, I'm not sure how I want to deal with this. I may modify the pump I have. I don't want to spend the money on another and sending the other back to China might not make financial sense. If I go with this pump I will need slightly longer bolts and a different shape hose.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Machine Builders Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1153014311474457/

Report site issues on the FB page if you can't on the main site.