Went lookin for track rails!--- NEW set with NEW pad bolts and nuts on the way -----R & L transfer is the carrier, sposed to pick up later today and 2- day trip to our door.
Pivot equipment parts llc. just outside of Indinapolis , IN. had some in stock for this unit and price shocked me---- thought the salesman was BSin me! --- got them for less than half of what other places wanted for new ones. He said that they were competitive with other places, so I decided to go for it!--my tracks are really too far gone to mess with.
Mike found a place that would replace the broken bushing in one rail and wanted $550. just for one and still have worn tracks.--- Thats when I went on the hunt for new rails!
Delivery sposed to be Wed. so we see! LOL!
As for trans reverse shaft,-- it looks like this old one will have to be welded up and ground down to original diameter since there are no shafts left in the country. These 310's up to 450's had this design flaw and the reverse idler bearings were not big enough to last very long and since I have started working on this one , I have run into a dozen guys in the same canoe with the same problem! LOL!! My luck!!! --- anyway we will get it going and since the weather is now pushing +30'ish degrees I can go next door and work again. --- This week of -10 degree crap had me grounded!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."