so now I start on the engine access door..the engine has one-sided serviceability,or otherwise said everything is on one side of the engine except the starter, so only one door is necessary to check vitals and change filters and lube. So I got the sheetmetal sheared the other day after cutting it to rough dimensions with the Milwaukee metalcutting circular saw. Sheared it at work on a Chicago 1/4"x4ft hydraulic shear,man Id love the have that machine in my shop..so onward to build the door frame and hinges might be a continuous piano type hinge or otherwise..maybe a paddle latch for the door latch.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

Ive been building airflow sound control baffles for inside the housing,most you can't see right now as they are deep inside and control sound as well as direct airflow..the baffles are 1/8"thick steel sheet metal bent and have the mineral wool panels attached to them to absorb sound.The side of the baffles that face the engine is aluminum foil coated,supposed to be good to 1200degF..hope we never get close to that. Its been a bit of a task to design the baffles to allow the airflow required yet control the sound..kinda tricky in spots,wish I had gone wider with the base,only about 4"wider would have made things SOOO much easier with this build. This will probably be the last build I make of this size in my small shop here,fixing to move in a few and will wait for my next shop with more space.It's quite a task to manipulate 4x8 steel sheets in here without knocking things over..very frustrating. More to come on this.