What I did last week was freeze my a** off when the electricity went off. As usual our erstwhile rummies in Austin managed to screw it up and the cold literally shut down most of TX. New power plant about 25 mi NW went offline due to "flooding". Plant is built near Lake Conroe with a lengthy canal for cooling feedwater. I can hear the conversation "Do you suppose the canal will freeze? Nah it never gets that cold in TX" Ice jam in canal.

Personally, my wife and I fared well being cold for a few hours and without water for several days. May here suffered really badly, many died needlessly due to stooges in Austin. Still hell to pay for many fixing broken pipes and no electric in houses. Lawyers are going to make out like bandits as everyone is going to sue every swinging d*** in the state.

It actually snowed here in NW Houston, there were real drifts in the yard. Usual "snow" here just covers grass. Harvested snow melt from roof to flush toilets. I forgot to fill a garbage can with water.

No broken pipes in my house. When electric went off I turned water off at the street. One soft soldered elbow blew off outside. Luckly, water off, elbow off no broken pipes. Sharkbite fittings are better than sliced bread.

Happy days are here again the sun has come out, snow left and all is well in redneck heaven!!!

JLG

James Geraci