That may be true with a conventional residential gas oven. especially if it's LP not Natural. This oven is a commercial convection oven, Natural Gas. The burners are external to the oven where most residential units the burners are actually in the oven. as for the powder material.... mine is well over 10 years old. probably more like 15 years. I bought this kit at harbor freight when the opened the first store here way back when I was still in my porta hut but never had a oven to cure it so I never tried it. Wife's oven is and has always been off limits to my needs... I just ordered some chrome colored powder to do the rims on the MG with from AMAZON.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I may break down And get a better rig now that I know I can do it and have it turn out good. 400deg for 15 Min is what's in the manual and that's what I've been doing. I need to get some glossy finish stuff to try, all my powders are matt finish. that's all HF has on the shelf. Still looks good to me. Perfect for wiper arms NO reflection from the sun or what ever.

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.