been taking jugs of oil to Advance for disposal in the recycling tank. so far I've had to bring two back because they had a lot of water in them so I need to separate the water first. some of these jugs have been sitting out behind the shop for YEARS because I was going to build a waste oil burner to heat the shop with. No need with the Gas heat. ANY way 5 gallon buckets of oil have some how gotten a lot of water in them so I need to separate it before I can dump it so here's the solution.
Cut the bottom out of an empty freon bottle.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Remove this little Bastard from the valve at the bottom... This by the way is why you can no longer use these as air tanks. Check valve prevents flow into the tank. It's screwed into the bottom of the valve from the inside. Makes me want to know how they fill them then.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

SO any way I'll just pour the contents of the buckets in here and when I don't get water off the bottom any more pour it off into another bucket. I may only need 1 bucket if what I have left is any thing like the last two were.
Guess this could be used for a fuel separator too. Not burning diesel any more so I won't need it for that though.

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.