got to dig into the dropped off Yale 5000lb forklift today, started at 9am working on taking the counterweight off so we could replace the rotted out muffler..took 6hrs non-stop work to remove the overhead guard, remove the LP gas fuel cylinder mounts and remove the 1-3/4" bolts that mount the counterweight,then lifted it off with my other Hyster forklift to get to the muffler and replace it..found out the exhaust pipe had broken in a few places so we had to repair that as well..found a muffler in the barn stock here,amazing that I could find anything amongst the other inventory that has me so choked up..What was almost just as amazing is that it fit the lift truck so well.like it was made to go there under the counterweight..we wrapped the exhaust pipe with thermal wrap,I had some left over from the previous job..just enough,go figure! had to make some new mounting tabs for the muffler,but all in all everything is quiet again with the old Yale..so now onto the rod knock or flywheel noise issue we havent dug into yet..might just put heavier oil into it and see LOL..what a day
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

so this pic is us removing the 1-3/4"bolts that hold the counterweight on..
140psi air with a 1/2" IR impact wouldnt touch 'em..wound up using 3/4"drive breaker bar with a 4ft section of special 'torque increaser tubing' added..that got em moving.
stubborn old bolts that are difficult to get to,and seldom removed..wanted to get a pic of the muffler replacement but things were moving quick in the afternoon