got part of the compost spread ----deutz motor in skidloader died -----more problems cause its a damn diesel!
anyway I finally have the 340 running right. --- the guys I bought it from were running a 6-volt coil on 12-volt system. their new points were fried, no resistor in the line, dug deeper and found the weights inside the dist. were worn out and timing was WAY off, barely ran, smoked out crankcase vent tube and muffler , was missing, etc., tach drive gear teeth were gone.
After taking the dist. off, I decided to put the one from my 504 motor on it. ---- worked like a charm ---runs smooth now no blow-by, BUT do have some hydraulic leaks, ---one major one---trans input seal!--ya, split the tractor to put that one in! both outer axle seals leak --- not too hard to change them, and 1 main hyd hose, ---the special IH one! morph fittings on the ends---no new hose available
one guy said he checked on one in 07 and they were $350. for the foot long hose! Not sure how I can go around that hose but some brazing stuff together might do the job.

rain/ice today more trees broke down from the ice! AGAIN!!!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."