Rigged up a power feed for the Compound rest on the lathe so I could make some clean cuts on the tapered rollers I'm fabricating.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
I had this old 90 VDC gearmotor that was used on the OLD Nieco Broilers that Burger King used to have. Found it in my warehouse a while ago. with a bridge rectifier, DPDT switch to reverse polarity for reverse and this Old Variac I'm able to to get awesome cuts and speed up progress. The shaft on the compound rest is bent so I can't hard mount the motor but it works great as is. Later down the road I'll make a mount with a flex coupling but for now the piece of 1/2" pvc is working great. it's rigid enough to support the weight of the motor and It's getting me through this phase of my upgrade to the forklift. I also want to make an adapter and mount for the mill.

Just a little clip in action. don't mind the part where I said reverse voltage I meant to say polarity....
https://youtu.be/TdLnUGXE9cc

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.