Finally getting the C-153 motor back together so I can put it back in the 504 utility tractor that I want to use on my KK 72" tiller.
Had to clean a few of the parts up again since they did get a little rust on them but did clean nice, so no problem there.
Starting with a BARE block that went thru a machine shop. So far I have the crankshaft in, Changed the pistons, new ones went on, had to get 1 different rod,(long story on how the rod got bent), new rings on pistons and everything stuck back in the holes! Crank had to be re-ground .010 on mains and .020 on the rods to bring it back to specs. Cam and lifters in timing marks lined up on crank and cam gear. Governor in and timing marks lined up on it cause the dist. is driven by the governor shaft!--- anyway all of the dots are in register on the front of the motor.
Next up will be the oil pump then the pan can go on.
Not sure if I will just set short block in first or go ahead and put the head on along with the rocker arms/push rods.
Tractor rear half is outside by the shed door waiting for its motor.
A few pix. of the motor.

Attached Images
DSCN0201.jpg (46.31 KB, 28 downloads)
DSCN0202.jpg (48.06 KB, 28 downloads)
DSCN0203.jpg (49.97 KB, 28 downloads)
DSCN0204.jpg (52.38 KB, 28 downloads)
DSCN0205.jpg (55.02 KB, 28 downloads)

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."