I really need something garden tractor size, ---looked at a loader for a sunstar 20 but cylinders were junk and the guy still wanted $2,000 for it! Loaders this size would work good for my garden work since I wouldnt be really diggin/buldozin, or lifting anything big/heavy with it.
Ya, the skidloaders are great but a bit overkill for garden/yard use.
Was just thinkin about taking a sunstar 20 and make a loader that would mount on the tractor facing the back so it would carry most of the weight on the drive axle. I could strip most everything off and start with engine/frame/axles unit an build from there. Steering could be turned just a hair to make it lay flat so not much mods needed for it. seat would sit sorta over the battery box and part of the engine area. Being hydro forward would become reverse and it moves fairly fast in hi-reverse so that should work without turning anything around in the rearend unit.
Still thinking out loud on this but it may be better than ranger axles. ---- dont really need 4 wheel drive for my use on this one since it would only be used on dry ground.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."