My old scout raised with the 3-pt PLUS its own single cylinder, --It had been on a Ford tractor .
The cylinder was mounted in a frame that bolted directly to the rear end of the tractor and had 2 pull arms running up to the side of the tractor somewhere,--- weird setup but I guess it worked.
The hoe sat on the ground when digging, BUT on my tractor the top link held the pull of the hoe. Broke the end off a cat. 2 top link a couple times but they werent factory welded very good which required me to re-weld them and they never broke after that.
To hook anywhere else on top that would be "quick un-hook" is a head scratcher!
When I first used it on the old DC case, I made long arms to run from the case lift arms, (part of the early eagle hitch) and bolted the sub cylinder to the tractor with 2 HEAVY bars clamped to the axle.
This was sorta like it would have been on the Ford it came off of.
I never took it off of the case but the last time I did I welded true 3-pt tabs under the main hoe cross frame and 2 more tabs to the top for the top link to hook into. It was true 3-pt specs for the SMD, easy on,--easy off.
I never had any pix. of the setup and its kinda hard to x'plain how it was made.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."