Not really this week...

Repowered a neighbor's snowthrower with a predator motor. I had a coupon, actually got it last year but just got to this fix before snow hits. Note that the original motor was also a clone.

What it started as. He doesn't understand small engines very well (he's more of a bits and bytes kind of guy) and he might have let a bit of his temper out at it in the process. Also, the plug hole is stripped from over enthusiastic diagnostic attempts.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I needed to evict a tenant, so the belly pan also came off and it all got a hose out and blow out. Pretty sure they just ran straight into my garage, I'll pick up some new sticky traps this week.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Pull the guard, pull the pulley, slide off the rear pulley, unbolt the motor.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com] [Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Quick shot of the new motor and the carb. Gave the neighbor a brief lecture on how to clean the carb and why they are where all the trouble lies. Use the fuel cutoff, Luke. Gave him the motor guide and quick start card, but not the plug wrench. Told him it is never the source of trouble and leave it to heck alone.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Sorry I fell down on the job of taking the last few pics of it installed. It came home with me in the back of my truck, but I walked it back up the length of the block under its own power.

I may try and move the starter over eventually, but that will also require swapping the flywheel and tin, and I didn't feel up to it. Told him because it doesn't have all the heat shields and winter jets, he'll probably end up running it on half choke in the cold. I really should move over the oil drain extension, though.