I read the posts every day. I've done so little over the last few months I'm ashamed to enumerate them.

In my half assed attempt to clean up my garage I was looking at my Dvorack (Scotsman) Iron Worker. I bought the unit used when I first moved to Houston. It is 3P and I constructed a1P to 3P converter that is located in the hydraulic compartment on the bottom. The electronics are about 20 years old, constructed at the time out of used, surplus, salvaged components. I don't want to replace the motor as it is large a 5HP with the pump attached to the end.

I would like to replace my converter with an electronic version like the DPS units Amazon sells. I believe these are just inverters (no variable freq). Has anyone used these with success? Wave shape problems?

I suspect that building a discrete component unit today would cost more than a inverter unit, plus it would allow me install breaker, switch, inverter into a single NEMA box at the end of the unit in the clean environment.

Anyone used one of these units and have any comments on them. They are of course form the Covid capital. COMMENTS QUESTIONS

Thanks
JLG

James Geraci