Well I'm not getting much done around here. The mini Hoe is still Broke, Well that's because so is my foot. now the boom on the bucket truck won't behave. My son was changing out some lights in a Sonic road sign and the boom started drifting down. It's always settled some but now it creeps too fast to work on the signs. You should have seen me pulling the boom lift cylinder with a broken foot. I messed with it some in the shop but I'm having issues with the test rig I have. I want to do a pressure test on the cylinder BEFORE I tear it apart for a rebuild. I'm not positive that the problem doesn't exist in the damn control valve. Not leaking any oil around the ram and I usually see that LONG before the seals blow on the piston but never know. Not too sure about this thing on the power end of the cylinder either. I suspect it's a relief valve to protect from over loading the fiberglass boom.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

I've reach out to Versalift for support but they haven't gotten back to me. I'll try calling them next week. Can't find anything online for this antique. I'll have to see if I can get a pic of the data plate that is better But this shows the Mod#, S/N, & MFR date. should be all I need.

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.