I was thinking more of a turkey cooker pot to cook off the water, then I can filter the hot oil to remove suspended particulates.
Been laid up for two months now. everything is expensive when you don't have any income. I need to figure out exactly how much oil the darn thing holds. At a minimum I need to clean this stuff up enough to flush out the system. I'll consider buying new oil when I'm back to work. I'm really hoping that cleaning out the check valve fixed the problem. I really hate putting the ram back in without testing it somehow. that's what I'm working on as well as fixing the oil situation. I gotta go through all my shit & see if I have a pump that will handle the Hot oil to filter it. I'll have to see if I have any pumps from fryer filter machines that I can doctor up enough to use. those are designed to handle 400 degree oil. I know I have a pump but not sure about the motor that goes with it.

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.