First question: Do you own a Cyclone Rake

Several years ago I bought a used Cyclone Rake. It was relatively cheap as compared to new and needed a new impeller which I purchased and installed.

Screwed around with it. Never could get the POS Tecumseh engine to run above 1/2 speed. Just the place to use a HF Predator engine.

What worries me is the orig engine and vacuum housing are close coupled, with the exhaust away from the plastic vacuum housing. The HF engine places the exhaust next to the vacuum housing and I'm worried about melting or warping the vacuum housing.
Configuration: Org is vac-space-eng-exhaust, New is vac-space-exhaust-eng. Both are left to right.

Looking at sales images of newer models it appears that the exhaust on the B&S engine exhaust now matches the HF and a aluminum heat shield has been added between the vac & exhaust to help dissipate heat. I have cut the HF exhaust to bring the pipe closer to vertical to increase horz space vac and eng.

I need to know if my take on the new configuration is correct and construction of the heat of the heat shield.

I've been dicking around with this for several years and I need to get it going. Seems like every tree dropped it's leaves this fall at one time and I'm up to my backside in leaves. Usually, the leaves drop in waves and I run my mower in mulcher mode and vacuum up the rest.

If you have a newer Cyclone and can answer my question please post a reply or email me if you prefer. Yard vacs are few and far between here as well as Cyclone dealers.

As an aside you will be pleased to learn that Generac purchased Woodland Power Products (Cyclone Rake). Sent an email to the new Co to see if they could supply a new engine or at least a P/N to cross into a modern equal. Need a S/N which is on a little silver stick on label, long gone.

Thanks for reading, best wishes for a better new year. Only thing missing this year is a little person hasn't jumped out of the bushes and hit me with a 2 x 4.

JLG

James Geraci