There are numerous variations on the pull type lawn vacuum with corresponding variations in price. Agri-Fab, DR, Cyclone, etc. I can't recommend one over the other.

I have used my Cub with a bagging attachment for years. Works great! Downside is having to empty bags often. Humping bags of leaves onto a fire is backbreaking, dirty work. STILL it is a helluva lot easier than raking the leaves. Dumping the bags into a cart helps but it's still a s**t job and requires handling them twice.

I bought the Cyclone used as it was priced right and I liked the fact the the vac cart becomes a part of the tractor (easier to back up I'm sh**y at backing) + the impeller is poly with a metal liner in the vac housing. Most of the others have steel or alum impellers. The thought of a large metal lump rotating at 3600 RPM right behind me causes major butt puckers.

Various attachments are available to allow you to back up, attach a hose and suck the leaves out of the vac cart and onto your leaf pile (fire). Remember the leaves are shredded at this point and heavy. Same hose will allow you to suck up leaves in and around shrubs, leaves will be unshredded.

Cyclone was an independent company with an excellent customer service rep. Generac bought them recently, time will tell if it remains so.

Bunk's comments on trees and adding length are true. Cyclone was advertising a "try - it send it back if you don't like it"

Please note I'm not a shill for Cyclone. Check everyone's website for deals. Those living on the East coast will likely find used units available. Dr, Cyclone are located in the NE.

JIM: I suggest you peruse the DR, Cyclone websites. They will show you how the units attach. It will require some Fiberglas cutting to mount the vacuum inlet to the mower deck and possibly some modifications to the mower to attach the vacuum cart hitch.

I have 1.5 acre lot with mostly pines and my bagger works well to suck up pine needles (pine straw y'all). The vacuum cart simply increases the airflow thru the deck and blows the shredded leaves into the cart. Use high lift mower blades. Some mower decks have provisions for adding a apron to the the deck to increase air speed and consequently vacuum.

Questions, comments. Please ask. Sorry did't start out to write a versions of the dead scrolls.
JLG

James Geraci