got neck deep in the Isuzu diesel forklift engine, the original engine is toast, so I found another C240 Isuzu engine,brand new surplus from RitchieBros.auction. Luckily I pulled the original engine out of the forklift during the warm weather spell we just had here, so it's a good inside(toasty warm)shop job for the next few days.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

So the new engine is made for a genset with a different injection pump and governor and no provision for the forklift hydraulic pump to mount on the front of the engine.The head and block is the same,so I have to completely disassemble the front of the engine to swop over the accessory drive and keep everything in time..so far I have 6hrs in it today due to a pair of stubborn index pins that line up the accessory drive and front cover to the block. What a PITA.But I have to say these engines are built nice,they do last a good long time with proper care. Not really impossible to work on with basic tools and patience.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

I flipped the engine up on the rear bellhousing so everything is easy to get to when stripping the gear train off the front of the old engine and over to the new..