well time to finish rebuilding the hydraulic motor drive for my small articulated loader,the original setup used a Char-Lynn hydraulic motor side-driving a Suzuki Samurai 2-range transfer case with a morse chain and sprocket drive..this allowed me to tune the input rpm for max torque and ground speed of the loader..the morse chain drive was problematic and stretched a lot over time and use so improvements were necessary..I used the stock Suzuki driveshafts for input drive,they are smaller than most Spicer driveshafts but are strong enough for this machine. The Suzuki shaft yoke ends are soft,when pressing the u-joints out in a vice I bent one yoke and had to get a bit inventive to straighten it but its all slow speed no balancing required..

I turned the transfer case around in the loader frame to rear-drive it this time,with the input flange facing the rear of the loader..it made for easier connection to the hyd motor..only difference is in 2WD the front loader axle drives only,which is good,thats where the weight is with a load on it. The hydraulic motor has so much torque it ripped the transfer case clean off its mount brackets..so I made an aluminum sub-frame for it to strengthen it up and provide bigger mounting pads for it..I welded right to the aluminum transfer case itself,kinda risky to do so but it worked out OK to mount it into the machine frame. I had to replace the shifter bushing with a polyurethane one as this is a common problem with the Suzuki 4x4 transfer case. Shifts easy in/out of 4x4 and neutral now even after welding right to the case.

Looking down into the loader at transfer case input flange..I also had to cut out the old crossmember and add a 6"c-channel to provide for a hyd motor mount plate.pictured is the old crossmember with holes cut in it to clear the mount ears of the older Danfoss hyd motor. The hyd line in the forground is the steer cylinder rear line.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

So I changed hydraulic motors for a better speed/torque range and elimininated the morse chain drive altogether..direct drive the transfer case with a supershort driveshaft / cv setup.

Machining the 1-1/4 keyed drive coupler on the lathe to fit on the hyd motor and driveshaft end to weld together

So then I made a flex CV type joint to allow flex between the hyd motor and the transfer case input as everything isnt perfect and if I need to change motors out again it will allow for some adaptability

So the hyd motor had to be tipped down in the rear to clear the hyd pump input,kinda hokey in looking at it but the motor doesnt care what angle it's on..I made a strong mount out
of the old hyd motor mount,recycled it and turned it up on edge to bolt to the 6"channel crossmember. Shaft connects to the transfer case input..now just waiting on a 1/4"swivel for
the case drain line and she's back in action..at least 'till it breaks again LOL..this photo shows the motor being set into the new 6" channel crossmember and aligned as best I can while smoking a nice cigar.
The mount plate bolts to the crossmember with (3) 1/2"grade-8 bolts so I can remove it easy in the future for repair or adapting it.
You can see below the stub remains of the old 3"channel crossmember clamped to the new 6"wide one as I fit the motor mount to it..

We'll see how long this drive setup lasts..it's always being modified so it works better..I'm not OCD about it but more functionality driven..so on to the next job for now.