Guys,--- you aint gonna believe this! --its the right hand axle broke. finally got the left side out and stuck a 1-3/4" bar thru the housing to the end of the right axle shaft and it never cracked with hittin it with a 16 pound hammer! I finally decided to brush the greasy dirt bead off that was on the backside of the hub,----BUT, after brushing on it,--- it shined!!!!!!!!!! -- YUP some a-hole WELDED the axle shaft to the hub! --- at this point all I could to was to start cutting pieces out!
The weld bead went all the way around the hub and got the shaft so hot that it took the temper out and when the guy rolled backwards down the hill and dumped the clutch while mashin the gas,----no wonder it broke. As you can see the break would be right at the heat line!
NOW I need another hub and axle shaft to put back in it.
Neighbor has an old late 70's 700 that was his brother's fuel delivery truck, so I am eyeing that one as a donor. Should be the same,---I HOPE! lol!

Attached Images
DSCN0652.jpg (61.39 KB, 11 downloads)
DSCN0658.jpg (68.56 KB, 11 downloads)
DSCN0660.jpg (64.78 KB, 11 downloads)
DSCN0653.jpg (45.52 KB, 11 downloads)
Last edited by sonny; 04/04/2022 10:48 PM.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."