I never had much luck with jb! -- I sure as hell dont want to have to drag this tank out again! Its a bitch to get out being under the middle of the truck inside the frame! THATS why I want to braze or solder it to start with!
I have a 50 gallon tank off of a semi, BUT its the round one and would be hard to mount plus my suction unit wont fit in it, so its fix this one.
Its the long 19 gallon one. I would love a square 25 or 30 gallon one mounted outside the frame instead but,---- dream on I guess!
I have the corners cleaned and polished with wire wheel and washed clean. I dont think it would take much brazing to fill the pitted areas on it.
Inside the tank is shinny and clean. Looked at a couple in a junkyard and they were NASTY as hell, but they still wanted $500. for one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA be jokin!--RIGHT??????
When I got the truck it also had a plastic rear tank which got taken off cause the mounting straps and plate rusted off. The guy that worked on the truck at the time was going to make me a plate to hold the tank in but never did make it. --- not sure how to re-mount the rear tank back on but it did help when it was on there. -- I think it only held maybe 15 or 16 gallons but it did help.
Cant mount a 50 gallon tank in the bed cause it has to be able to dump.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."