I think the wire in the welder now says 90,000 on it. I know its some hard shit when you try to grind it off and a chisel wont dent it. gotta be extreeeeeemly careful and get the parts in perfect alignment before you weld cause they aint commin off after you weld them on without destroying them.
I did the old ones 25 years ago with 6013 cause thats all I had at the time and I really didnt get a good weld on the old brackets back then and they lasted all this time. You wouldnt believe the stuff I lifted with them, course I never got wild and stupid either. always low and slow when moving stuff in case they did break!
Gotta make a cardboard pattern of the front plate to see for sure that where I tack welded the first ones is right,----I dont think its right, might be a half inch off and if so its a no go to hook up! They gotta be spot on or they wont latch,---no room for error!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."