sonny, it would add about 30 minutes to my drive and take me through Chicago rather than Indy. Very doable. I usually make a trip down there in July. That hasn't happened in a couple years with all the craziness. I'll be sure to plan some extra time this coming year to swing through your neck of the woods.

bunkclimber, thanks for the advice on the driveshafts. That little tidbit is noted and stashed away for when the time comes. That generator works fine when the engine runs. I've been thinking about maybe making it a 3-pt hitch genny and powering it from one of the tractors. Would be a nice way to power tools in the more remote areas of the property - it will power my welder as well, which would make that very handy. So many possible projects, so little time.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship...take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone...program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."