I got 4 brake wires inside the frame too. They are probably gone too. dont know cause I blew the controller when I hooked up to the tri-axle General dozer trailer. Dont know what kind of controller would work on 6 brakes as well as 4. For my use I dont need/use trailer brakes anyway but others use my trailers so I gotta keep the back end working so they have brakes with their trucks.
I had the inch pvc so I used it. Looks o.k. also the wires were easy to push thru the 10' long piece. Trailer bed is 14' and I have to run the wires 10' in the pvc and branch off both ways to the sides of the frame then make a loop to go up to the lights which are in the back of the bed itself, not in the frame.--complicated to say the least. Cant wire direct cause bed would tear the wires off if they are not routed the long way around with some flex.
Next problem is to mount the cross wires so they wont get torn off when you dump the bed since bed almost hits the ground,---well it actually does hit when you first dump. empty it has 8" or so under it.
Last problem is to find 2" round marker lights. need 1 amber and 2 or 3 red ones. Another problem is the lights are rubber mounted, just pushed into the rubber gasket to hold them in and if I change that I will have holes in the trailer with nothing in them. Only need to seal them to keep water/salt/etc out.
The saga continues and it rained all day today and I got soaked messin with the wires! LOL!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."