Oh, on a side note, I got the farm truck (Chevy 3500 454, dually) running - sort of. Needed a new ignition control module. Fired right up after new plugs, wires, rotor, cap, coil, and (finally) ICM. Took it out for a spin and it would start missing at around 1500-2000 RPM. It's geared really low - you can shift through 2nd w/o even touching the gas peddle, so you only notice this behavior when trying to get up to driving speeds. Tooling around the yard, fine. Will sit and idle all day. Try to rev, starts missing.

Anyway, took it out for a drive and found it is missing like that, so ease it back to the barn at 10 MPH, open the hood and #5 plug wire boot is ON FIRE. Again, brand new plugs and wires - mid-grade. Never seen that one before. Hope I never see it again.

At the time, I happened to have the air filter off of it, thinking maybe it was interfering with the choke or something, because that's what it acts like - it's choking out. So here I am, with the hood open, two huge TBI injectors atomizing fuel about 2 feet away from a small but quickly growing rubber fire. Took 5 minutes and ruined a good pair of leather gloves putting it out and keeping the whole thing from going up. Good times.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship...take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone...program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."