That is the kind of truck I was looking for when I ended up with my 97 F-350 flatbed jobber. Still not fond of the 7.3 in it but been drivin the shit out of it this fall and after my neighbors buddys KID got done with it, it does run now, course I park it for the winter since you cant get decent tires for it. and without some meat eaters in it I aint takin it out on bad roads! lol! --- To make matters worse it has that stupid automatic trans. which dont shift right and sometimes not at all depending on how cold it is. Takes 3 to 5 miles driving before it even starts shifting into the mid and upper gears. shifts right up 2 times then hangs up.
Did I mention that I DESPISE automatic trans??? The one in the 98 Explorer does the same thing! I grew up on having a clutch peddle under my left foot and a gear shift in my right hand!!
I get buy with what I have. Sure cant buy anything else at the prices they want.
Next thing on the F-350 is to find the right rear spring hangers for it, --- gotta put new ones on it in the spring OR in better weather. Having trouble finding 2 1/4" wide hangers, --- they all want to sell me 3" wide ones and that wont work! The 3" is only for single tire F-350 pickup models and not F-350 cab-chassic dual wheel models!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."