never give up, the parts ARE out there,just gotta find the combination that will work. I saw a complete 97 chassis cab in a Calif. yard was sellijng the Sterling dually rear out of it, the parts truck probably just what Sonny is looking for..(eBay#175469777683) -just torch cut the whole back of the truck off set it on your trailer turn and burn back to IL,talk about road trip..sometimes that is what it takes.I know easy for me to say..Call some of these yards local they usually pull the axles and sadly crush the rest, maybe they'd make you a deal. the dually axles and suspension are narrower than the regular pickups..another idea, maybe measure the frame width and adapt a more recent axle,spring and spring hanger setup as long as it's still using 8x6.5 lug pattern before Ford switched to the newer hub piloted wheels..

Ok one last stab at this is a guy in Oaktown,IN with a 1988 Ford F350 cab/chassis selling the rear axle,its a Sterling like yours call him maybe he can give you some info on spring hangers/parts 765-409-3047
eBay#304369282133 Bedrock Jeep Parts