Got the wires done on the trailer! Dont look great but I got lights. Had to cut out some of the damn butt connectors that I tried to use,--- totallt HATE them!! NEVER had any luck with them,--anyway I even managed to mount the cluster light under the place that had the 3 big azzed holes cut in the frame at the factory, guess I could stick the lights back in the holes to cover them,---too cold to plug all the holes in the frame right now, so gotta do that later. Even had one tail light wire long enough to reach up along the side to add some side lights on the bed so I taped it up and tied it out of the way til I get more lights to put up there,---dont need them but they would make the trailer easier to see from the side.
Even re-connected the brake wires but there is about 6 feet of them in the frame on one side and the same amount on the other side. Its a different harder coated stuff and only 2 wires in it. Dont know how they feed to the pass side either so I guess if somebody borrows the trailer I have to explain that it SHOULD have brakes but dont count on it and drive accordingly! One guy that uses it dont even plug in the lights!--gotta keep on him to plug the damn thing in and at least be somewhat legal!
I want lights that work and are bright! ---I dont drive fast enough that brakes would do me any good anyway! Automatic transmissions stop you like you hit a brick wall as soon as you let off the throttle ---at least the F-350 does and what little I pull it with the Explorer I never get out of low range.
After another 8 hours in the cold,---I cooked Virginia some chicken legs on the grill while she made noodles in the kitchen, so we pigged out for supper tonight! lol!

Last edited by sonny; 01/08/2023 07:57 PM.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."