Originally Posted by JIM
digging out the Damn Bamboo that snuck into the garden last year. They say the roots only go 3-5" down.. Well I'm here to call bullshit on that one.

Yup they sure do go down and spread out..even miss one little section and it all comes back..its the most pervasive tuber ive ever seen..I had basic green stripe bamboo,nothin special..at first was maybe 10ft square plot,then it spead up near the shop and the downspouts from the roof turbocharged it...It was spreadin and makin a beeline for the neighbors, the owner came over one day and gave me hell about it..so took the 977 and tipped the bucket down just the teeth in the ground and raked a good 10-12"down and got most of it..that was the easy part..then sat right there with a spade and rake for the next two days picking and raking to get the rest of the small sections..then sprayed with roundup next, havent seen it come back yet..that stuff loves water and will crawl distances to find it..there's a house down in town nearby that has been completely surrounded by it