11:28 am 1/26/23
Finally got a few more updates put in this hard drive ---looks like 10 is up to the same point or a tad above the other one. Some of the stuff is a bit different so gotta find my way around it again.
The Dell optiplex I took the big hd (2TB) out of is a 7010 and the one I am on is a 755. They both support the same hd so I got lucky this time.
I think either the power supply shot craps in the 7010 or the mb. I dont have any test equipment anymore to test anything. My stuff was all for w98 and wont work on newer stuff.
Its guesswork to figure out the problem and the 7010 was a refurb to start with so who knows whats wrong with it. Probably came from an office and had 10,000 hours on it! I know the hd was a new one according to the original tag on it.

The 500gb hd is still fine but just gotta "trick copy" 10 from this hd to a bootable thumb drive and transfer the copy to the 500,--kinda complicated but S'POSED to work!
Lost a lot of pix. but managed to save files with my re-sized stuff to my external hd along with the 18,000 pix I already have on the ext.

flickr wont let me back in---wont accept ANY of my log-in info, so guess I lost the 69 or so pix on there,--no biggie since I never used them that much cause it easier/faster for me to just resize in paint, save to folder and post from there.
I know Jim has the commercial flicker account but I only had the free account, ( 1,000 pix limit and must be set public display) ---probably why they wont let me back in!

Last edited by sonny; 01/26/2023 01:28 PM.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."