Ya the new ones are junk! ---should make the older ones valuable, but it wont! The newer plastics are not the greatest either BUT I do a lot of loggin with them. They wouldnt work in the big timbers!
I ended up with high bid on a few sthils, besides the free ms 250, --(long story on that one), next one was a 251,---TOTAL junk,--locked up, started taking it apart and gave up, --- cant get the clutch off.
Next one was an 025, dead ignition module, replaced that and still runnin the hell out of it! , next up came another 250, needed carb, good saw now. next was the 041, new carb had it runnin but must have internal carb problems so gotta take the carb apart and check float height.
almost forgot the 009-L, -- cute little guy, light handy for cutting limbs/brush. runs strong, has slight carb problem.
The 2 Echo 650's need starter dogs and they are NLA anywhere on planet earth. Not sure I can make then due to the offset design they have. Probably could be done with a LOT of time involved but the one that I did get started one time, ----- well I wasnt impressed with it!
Last auction I got a 452 and it runs like new and cuts great.
Got the cs 8000 on the 36" Alaskan mill, needs new piston/jug. hard to start after sitting for long time.
My favs. are the Echo cs310's and Husky 235"s for lighter cutting.
The Blue Max does a lot of cutting for me. as does some Poulans. got a 302-
a with a 24" bar, ---mean runnin saw! lol!
Finishin up on my Homelite 8800, gotta put the duckbill vent in the top of the tank yet. It has 404 chain , 36" bar I bought it new and cut tons of big trees down and made firewood with it.
Got probably 50 saws now.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."