Ok so Im getting tired of building these handtrucks, this one is an oldie built about 10yrs ago,thrown together for a job and put away since last year when I used it once and then had to put tires on it..So the handle wasn't thought out too well,it was a section of 1"dia steel pipe spanning the uprights between hanger straps..the clearance wasnt great enough for your hand and wrist to clear the top cross-support while holding it when reclining the truck and it would hit the top of your hands and possibly cause wrist injury if you didnt know it was coming..so here we go with another hand truck surgery session..I have some 1"well pipe I built the other handtrucks from, I think I'll just mod the handle and make it more comfortable to use.
[Linked Image from kuhnbros.com]

So I cut the old handle off by oxy-acetyl burning the welds that held on the handle straps..kinda went too deep with the oxygen and burnt some of the upright angles. I also want to add some reinforcements to the axles like I did to the others,maybe use some 5/8" hot roll round as upright braces from the axle to the upright angles.

More to come on this as it progresses