No time to do any loggin here yet, still freeze drying apples right now. Have carrots, beets, and potatoes to do a few of. Slow process. The little dryer burned up a switch after 8 years of running so was down for 4 days til I finally found one to replace it with. Dont know why it even has a switch since its never used OR needed! This is on the vac pump and the unit turns it on when its time so the switch is never used and just something else to go bad! I cant find a wiring diagram for the pump to see if I can wire direct to the motor or not and get rid of the switches or not.
Anyway the temps here are now 50 for highs and 38 - 40 for lows and frosty in the morninigs. When it gets below 35* we cant run the big unit on the porch so will be down to the little guy again. They say not to run them below 35* so we wont. Guess it messes up the computer board when it gets cold,----dunno.
Never did get the pinion seal put in the diesel truck so I can use it.
Gotta renew my drivers license this month and will drop the cdl shit and go with just something non cdl that will cover my 1 ton trucks. Not gonna go thru all that pre trip inspection shit again. the driving test would not be a big deal,--- the auction company said I could take their kw and imp trailer to do the drive, BUT I would have to go 75 miles to the place that gives driving tests. Cant go just up the road to the local place anymore since they stopped the cdl part there.
Damn illegals just walk in and get a cdl handed to them without knowing how to back a truck or speak english, but they put me thru the mill so f*%k the bastards! I am quittin!
10/22/23 9:43 am

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."