Well guys this summer/fall has been a rough one. The legal issues that my granddaughter had gotten me into has come to a conclusion. Not the conclusion I would have liked but its over after 5 years and 30k in lawyers. That put my finances into a spin that ended up my having to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Then to cap it all off my wife of 43 years passed away September 13th. The cherry on the top.....I need to have gallbladder surgery.
I have not set foot in my shop in over a year. I feel like I'm walking up a down escalator.
Some day soon I hope to get back doing something other than sit on my ass.
The summer before last I had to have a new roof put on my house. I stepped on a roofing nail. Being a diabetic I have no feeling in my feet. I had no idea it was in my foot. It got infected. Sat on my ass.
Before that had completely healed I got an infection in a scrape on my shin. Sat on my ass.
My numb foot found another nail that the magnet nor the new tires on my new mower discovered. Sat on my ass some more.
By the time all that got healed up it was hot enough to make the devil sigh. Waiting for the cooler weather a month or so away, you guessed it. Sat on my ass.
The week before Thanksgiving my wife almost died from an infection caused by 35 year old hernia mesh. That infection killed her liver. Shortly after last Christmas the ammonia in her system got so high she should have been in a coma.
It rendered her to the mentality of a 4 year old.
I didnt sit on my ass but it wasnt the kind of exercise I wanted.
Then she passed.
Now I'm sick.
At least I stayed together to see her through.
Maybe after I get healed up from the surgery I can clean up my shop. I have some neat things planned if I can just catch a break.
Terry