Well, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was very different. I was alone the day before, the day of and the day after Christmas. My so and his fiancé were busy ferrying kids between ex-husbands and wives. So, it was just me and the cat. She is a feral that I had fixed and feeding for about 3 years now. I could prop open the door on the back porch getting my wife or groceries in the house and she would never make an attempt to even peek in the house. The front steps are awkward at best, so we never use the front door. A couple of days after the funeral I was having a bad night. I heard a cat at the front door. I wiped the tears and snot off my face and drug open the door. There sat that little cat, Misty! I asked what she was doing out there as she never had come to that door and opened the storm door. She just strolled in like she had been for years and hopped up on the arm of my chair and just stared at me. She has slept on my chest in that recliner ever since.
So, it's me and the cat, Misty.
I couldn't stand to be at home on what would have been our 44th anniversary so I escaped. I had promised my wife we would go to the beach so that is what i did. I was gone a week as i wandered over there, to North Myrtle Beach, stayed a couple days and wandered back.
I got home and that little cat came running out to greet me!
I thought money was going to be tight, but things worked out and other than some asshole hacking my debit card and it gets locked the day before Christmas things were fine.
So, all eyes are on the new year.
Also, good or better weather. There isn't anything so important that I get pneumonia over. Other than the gall bladder issue I have stayed well.
So, with that I wish you all a Happy New Year!
Terry