Yeah I hate that crap That's like the loader valve I bought on Amazon for the mini hoe. After trying a shitload of fittings and it said it was a number 8 ended up really being 1/2-in pipe with a pain in the ass that was. So I have a shitload of fittings laying around here for just about anything from trying to find the right ones. Discount hydraulic hose, surplus center well there's a couple others in there as well that have very reasonable prices on their fittings. I got a couple of tractor supplies and a Northern tool within 10 mi of me so. Also have a air quip distribution center mostly because we have all the shipyards right here so there's plenty of places to buy local but you pay for them if you buy local. I do like tractor supply for hardware though because they sell it by the pound not by the piece. We have a fastener surplus store that my son gets stuff for me from cuz he lives right over by it and it's way cheaper than anything cuz it's leftover materials from jobs at the shipyard and they sell them to this place for pennies on the dollar so you can get them cheap and they have just about anything in there.

I know a lot about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn.
Life is what you make of it. So, why not make a working machine to make it easier.