Went to cut some logs and the engine wont start!-- Briggs Intek 1450 engine, new in June 2015 ,NO spark,--tried a different new plug, still no spark. cant get it to show on tester with plug in or out of motor. Cleaned flywheel and ignition module. . Re-set gap to 0.010 , got a couple flashes, so put it all back together and nuttin again. wont fire a shot. ---Took it all apart again and no spark at all. Have shutoff switch un-hooked, so that's not the problem. Looks like a wire going down to the oil pan, Guess that is a low oil sensor, wires go from it over to a square box mounted on the side of the motor. Don't know how to test these new fangled magnetron modules or IF you even can. I am beginning to Dislike these new bs engines!--A real PITA to work on, can't get to anything without taking half of the engine apart just to reach one little part. Even the spark plugs are a bear to reach. (stiff fingers don't help either)! I would think a ignition module should last longer than 3 or 4 years. Engine has probably a hundred hours on it over the years and was never ran hot or long periods of time.

Next problem is, that I can't find numbers on the engine other than the paper tag. It only has engine family: FJDGS.3062VA next line is FJDGPNEQ003 CM10. Next line 382370 None of these numbers show up as being bs model numbers. I did find a blurb that looks like this engine has bs label on it but may be some China crap! Is this possible or am I missing something? I have looked all over the engine's new shiny black paint and can't find any other numbers that match bs chart's. Any ideas??? thanks; sonny

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."