Unhooked everything from module and still no go. I am thinking that I have a bs knockoff engine.( no chance in heck of getting parts) It has bs decals on it, but China could have slapped them on it. ---Looked again for numbers that would match bs , and none anywhere on the engine,---Just the two tags that are not bs numbers, --- also no part numbers on the ignition module either, which is strange since I have a 900 bs that does have clear bs module number on it! ----Got me beat!---I was going to see about getting a new module,--- BUT gotta have numbers that make sense ----these numbers don't!

If I remember the add, the mill was sposed to have some China crap engine instead of a bs, so I don't know! Bs company has been of no help, and don't even claim this engine. They told me that it does have the correct numbers IF it was their engine. -----NOT lookin to good right now!!

O.K. ------I tried one more time to put the module back on, set it for 0.010 with feeler gauge and no kill switch/wiring harness/ or low oil box. ---second pull it started and I sawed up the walnut log that I had loaded on the mill the other day. Don't have kill switch, so I pulled the plug wire off to shut it down. ---- Still have no idea why it worked this time, unless the module had moisture inside it , but engine was under tarp all winter, so should have been dry.

I had the module in the house and in the explorer for two days. Did it dry enough to start working again or what? ----Next thing is to take the recoil cover back off and start reconnecting the harness and see what happens. I will check close to the splices in the wires where they Y off from switch to the oil sensor. ---- could be bad wire/connections! That's kinda where it stands for now! Thanks guys!

Last edited by sonny; 04/05/2019 11:31 PM.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."