Back when Virginia and I sold firewood we bought the last new Homelite made, it was the 8800 and we put a 36" bar on it to cut some 36 t0 48" oak trees. We cut/split/delivered tons of wood over several years. Had to deal with a few weird customers, too.
---Anyway the wood sales kept our bills paid during the winter back then.

I have since come across an Echo cs-8000 and put 36" ripping chain/bar on it to help skin down bigger logs so they fit on the bandmill. I can't run/handle for very long periods of time, but it is handy for the few times I do need it. Right now I need to cut a couple pine logs for a guy that are 24" on the big end,---need to skin down to 18" or so for the mill.
I still have all of the old saws plus a lot of the newer plastics. My favorite is an Echo cs-310, light, starts easy and cuts fast enough for us. --Sis also has a 310 and loves it.
I finally got the Sthil ms-250 that a friend gave me running fairly decent and use the de-barker on it.

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."